Monday, July 9, 2007

SCD Sandwich Bread

After using and paying $$$ for coarsely ground almond flour i decided to go ahead and order 10 lbs of almond flour from Lucy's Kitchen Shop. She was prompt, and I got two 5 lb bags. The flour is much finer and is much better for baking.

I tried my hand at a non-sweet bread to make sandwiches with. This one worked for me. I put it in a cake pan rather than the loaf pan, because I have found that the loaf pan seems to be too deep. The bread is brown on the outside and completely uncooked in the center.

3 1/2 cups almond flour

3 eggs

1/4 cup melted butter

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup goat yogurt

1/4 teaspoon salt

I added a generous sprinkling of cumin seeds. Next time, I will try ajwain.

Mix together & bake at 350 F for about 45 minutes.
Sanjay likes sandwiches made with this bread, goat cheese pesto and cucumber and tomatoes.

No comments: